Genuine H-D Batteries offer the latest technology for higher cold cranking amps, long life and improved rechargeability. Featuring the latest AGM technology, these batteries are durable, long-lasting and trouble-free. And what is more, they are made in the U.S.A. Here are a few basic facts about motorcycle batteries:
- A battery discharges continuously in small internal loads called “self-discharge” Self-discharge speeds up drastically as the temperature rises.
- A battery discharged too deeply, for too long, may be permanently damaged.
- A battery charged with an incompatible charger may be permanently damaged.
- Use a battery tender to prolong battery life.
- To a battery, a big load for a short time is the same as a tiny load for a long time.
- The bigger the battery, the more charge it can store.
- When a motorcycle is parked, the load on the battery is small but never zero.
- Given enough time, parking will discharge any battery.
- Motorcycles with added accessories, such as alarm systems, have even larger loads discharging their batteries when parked.
Why Should you Buy Harley-Davidson® Batteries?
- Specifically designed and built as part of the vehicle’s electrical system to meet the strict Harley-Davidson design and test standards
- They have a patented flush-mounted and strong molded-in terminal design for superior cable contact and longevity
- They have internal components that are designed to meet the Harley-Davidson electrical and vibration profile, which provides superior, long-lasting durability
- They are sealed to protect your bike; extra acid is not needed
- Cheaper batteries will not last, they may save you money at the moment but you will end up replacing them more often, possibly yearly, costing you more money in the long run.
- More than 250 quality control checks help ensure the high quality of every battery that carries the Harley-Davidson logo
- H-D batteries are subjected to rigorous vibration testing and must pass strict requirements
- Even in the case of a puncture or break in the case, H-D batteries don’t leak
- H-D Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) battery’s glass matting absorbs the acid
Inside a Harley-Davidson Battery
- Completely sealed, valve regulated maintenance-free design eliminates acid spills and corrosion damage.
- Re-engineered vent system is specially designed to minimize leakage.
- Exclusive molded terminal design increases strength and durability.
- Unique positive post bushing resists vibration damage and retards acid leaks and corrosion.
- Heat sealed cover prevents electrolyte leakage and improves reliability.
- Larger diameter through-partition welds direct more power to the starting motor.
- Heavy top lead improves plate-to-lug adhesion for vibration resistance and long life.
- Plates are lock-bonded together, reducing vibration damage for longer life.
- Exclusive calcium/calcium alloy grids provide highest cranking amps and lowest self-discharge. Full frame, power path design directs more power to the terminals for quick, sure starts.
- High density oxide provides maximum power-per-pound or dependable “high cycling” service.
- Tear-resistant AGM* separators protect plates, ensuring long life.
- Exclusive demineralized electrolyte improves service life. Metered addition of electrolyte means no excess acid.
- Positive terminal protector (not shown) protects against short circuits and sparks.
- Stainless steel terminal bolts (not shown) won’t rust or corrode.
- Distinguished Harley-Davidson Bar & Shield is molded into case, for quick, confi dent recognition.
Harley-Davidson® Battery Tenders Prolong the Life of Your Battery
800mA Waterproof Battery Tender
- Ideal for both short-term and seasonal storage, even if moisture sneaks into your storage area
The three-step charging system constantly monitors battery voltage to bring the battery up to full charge and switches to float mode to maintain the charge over extended periods
The vibration- and shock-resistant battery tender is reverse polarity protected and spark-proof, even when the leads touch
SuperSmart® Battery Tender®
- This tender has a “smart” feature that turns it on and off as needed, so the battery never overcharges. Its typical recharge time is 8 to 12 hours.
Still have Questions?
Let our Service experts help! Did you know you can bring your H-D battery in to have it tested for charge? Free of charge! (Get it? hehe...). Come by anytime or if it makes you feel better request a service appointment today.
Want to check out some more Basic Maintenance for Your Harley-Davidson Motorcycle?