For a full run down on H-D tires, how they are different than car tires and tips on tire maintenance you should definitely check out this other article we wrote about just that. If you are looking for a full run down on specifically Michelin® Tires, you are in the right place.
Since 1889, Michelin® has been a leader in the tire industry. From introducing the world’s first radial tire in 1946, to being the first to use radial motorcycle tires in race competition, Michelin has demonstrated its dedication to producing some of the world’s most innovative tire products. A leader in racing technology, Michelin researches, tests and develops tire solutions in the most demanding form of racing competition. Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders benefit from that technology, as Michelin transfers track technology into Harley-Davidson motorcycle riding confidence and performance.
MICHELIN® SCORCHER® TIRES
Made exclusively for Harley-Davidson The Scorcher is the first Michelin® – Harley-Davidson® co-branded tire, with a bold Harley-Davidson script on the sidewall. Featuring an exceptional combination of durability, comfort and handling. The Scorcher “11” and Scorcher “31” are factory-installed on many models, and can be installed as a replacement tire on other specified models.
- Rear Tire Architecture: Provides stability, great handling, plus comfort.
- 3 Polyester Carcass Plies: Strong and supple casing for comfort on long rides.
- 2 Aramid Belt Plies: Maintains consistent contact patch for a long and even wear life.
Michelin Scorcher 31
- Remarkable Grip: Innovative rubber compounds, incorporating know-how derived from Michelin’s decades of road-racing experience, provide remarkable grip on both wet and dry roads.
- Exceptional Comfort and Handling: The supple casing design and profile of MICHELIN ® Scorcher ® “31” tires promote rock-solid handling on winding roads.
- Long Mileage: Michelin carbon black-enriched rubber compounds promote excellent durability without compromising performance.
Michelin Scorcher 11
- Outstanding Grip: Semi-slick tread pattern maximizes the contact patch for excellent adhesion on dry roads. Optimized tread groove design efficiently evacuates water for dependable wet grip.
- Excellent Tread Life: Derived from Michelin’s championship-winning racing tires, newly developed rubber compounds combine durability and high performance.
- Precise Handling: The latest generation of Michelin radial technology allows for easy maneuverability and impressive agility.
Let our Service experts help you! Ready to bring your bike for some new shoes?
Want to check out some more Basic Maintenance for Your Harley-Davidson Motorcycle?