It can be incredibly intimidating to "get into motorcycling". There is so much to learn about motorcycles. And there are definitely some secrets to making sure you are comfortable and confident when you ride. Many new riders will pick out the right motorcycle and work with a Customization Specialist to get the bike to fit them great by adjusting the seat or handlebars. What many new riders miss is that there are other accessories that can drastically improve the comfort or function of our your ride. Here are 10 examples of those types of accessories that might not be top of mind but should definitely be towards the top of the list for any new rider. While these exact part numbers reference an accessory that fits a particular year and model of motorcycle, you can work with one of our Customization Specialists to find the equivalent for your motorcycle.
4-Point Docking Hardware Kit - Gloss Black
Part Number 52300354
The ideal choice for maximum versatility, this complete kit contains the docking hardware necessary to install all H-D® Detachables™ accessory options. Even if you only install a passenger backrest today, this kit allows you to add additional accessories as your touring demands change. Provides docking points to allow installation of H-D® Detachables™ Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, 2-Up Luggage Rack, Solo Tour-Pak® or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack.
- Gloss black finish
- Kit allows you to add additional accessories as your touring demands change
- Provides docking points to allow installation of H-D® Detachables™ Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, 2-Up Luggage Rack, Solo Tour-Pak® Rack or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack
Engine Guard Kit
Part Number 49000138
Protect your bike without sacrificing ground clearance or style. Engine guards may provide limited leg and cosmetic vehicle protection under unique circumstances (fall over while stopped, very low speed slide). They are not made nor intended to provide protection from bodily injury in a collision with another vehicle or any other object.
- Chrome finish
- One-piece engine guard
- Complements the lines of the motorcycle
- One-piece engine guard and all required mounting hardware
Wind Splitter Quick-Release Compact 18 in. Windshield
Part Number: 57400327
Engineered to provide the riding comfort of a larger windshield, this Wind Splitter Windshield features a contemporary contour that sets it apart from the crowd. The compact shape is designed to keep the windshield below your line of sight so you don’t need to look through bugs and road grime, while the flipped upper edge manages airflow and turbulence across the top of the shield. The flip adds additional wind shear lift to provide the protection of a taller wind screen. You get a fatigue-free highway ride with reduced pressure on your chest and arms, and the detachable design means you can ride without the shield when the mood strikes.
- 18" Clear Windshield with Polished Braces and Clamps
- Windshield mounts to the fork tubes with elegant die-cast lever-release clamps
- Get quick on-and-off convenience and a clean, custom look - No tools required
- Windshield does not require any “leave-behind” docking hardware
- Fatigue-free highway riding with reduced pressure on your chest and arms
HoldFast Sissy Bar Upright - Short - Gloss Black
Part Number 52300456
A sissy bar and passenger backrest pad is the starting point for building a complete touring machine. The backrest adds long-range comfort and support and provides a feeling of confidence and control for the passenger. HoldFast™ One-Piece Uprights feature an exclusive latch system that permits the backrest to be installed or removed in seconds to add versatility to your ride. The HoldFast™ sissy bar upright simply slips into position on the docking points, and the fingertip latches are clicked into position for a positive lock.
- Gloss black finish
- Available in short and standard height for optimized passenger back support
- Wide variety of Backrest Pads are available to match your comfort or customizing requirements
- Includes a matching 3-point backrest pad mount bracket
800 mA Weatherproof Dual Mode Battery Charger
Part Number 66000181
This fully-automatic Harley-Davidson® Weatherproof Dual-Mode Battery Charger is perfect for short- or long-term motorcycle battery charging needs.
- Selectable charge options provide optimal charging for your Harley-Davidson® Lithium LiFe or AGM Lead-Acid Batteries
- Waterproof housing ensures there won't be a problem even if water gets into your storage area
- Vibration- and shock-resistant Battery Charger is reverse polarity protected and spark-proof, even when the leads touch
- Features an LED front panel to indicate the battery's state of charge
- Maximum charge rate of 800mA
- Typical Recharge Time for Lithium battery: 5-9 hours
- Typical Recharge Time for AGM battery: 8-12 hours
- For use in the United States
Part Number 94819-02
This is the ideal carry-along tool kit for your Harley-Davidson®.
- Cable Ties
- Spark Plug Gap Tool
- Multi-bit Screwdriver
- 5" Round Nore Locking Plier
- (5) Hex Keys - 3/8", 5/16", 7/32", 3/16", 1/8"
- 5/8" Spark Plug Socket (Short)
- Combo Wrench - 10mm, 1/4", 1/2", 9/16"
- 5/8" x 3/4" Double Open End Wrench
- Black Nylon Pouch
Bike Wash Kit
Part Number 93600056
Bike Wash Kit includes the essentials required to clean your bike. Sunwash® Concentrated Cleaner that is formulated to promote sheeting action that prevents hard water spots, and rinses clean even on hot sunny days.
- Bug Remover spray - melts away bugs without damaging metal, plastic or painted surfaces
- Wash Mitt - features premium quality wool-blended material with extra-dense pile for scrubbing power and durability - machine washable
- Soft Detailing Pad - removes debris without scratching surface finishes
- Soft Drying Towel - safe for use on all surface finishes - synthetic material is extra absorbent and dries without streaking
- Microfiber Detailing Cloth - can be used for washing, cleaning or buffing - safe on all surfaces and finishes: use wet or dry
Compact Tire Gauge and Tread Depth Indicator
Part Number 75137-98B
Combination dial air pressure and tread depth gauge with a 90 degree air chuck attached to the flexible stainless steel air line to provide easy access to the valve stem.
- Durable internal diaphragm provides accurate air pressure readings with a dual range indicator for 0-60 psi and 0-400 kPa readings
- Pressure relief valve is activated by a push button to eliminate inner pressure after use
- Integrated tire tread depth gauge features a dual-range color-coded indicator, calibrated in 1/32" (0-14/32") and millimeters (0-11mm), for monitoring tread wear
- Protective rubber boot covers the housing to protect the gauge from impact and abrasion
Universal Handlebar Mount Phone Carrier
Part Number 76000549
Put your smartphone within easy reach. This standard cradle places your phone or music device close to the hand controls of the motorcycle for easy access.
- When combined with the control lever perch Phone Carrier Mount (sold separately), the swivel head allows the phone to be rotated into the ideal viewing position
- Dual thumb screw clamps quickly adjust to grip the phone
- Non-slip pads hold the device in place – in vertical or horizontal orientation
- Device can be removed in seconds when you reach your destination
- Holds devices measuring 1.75” to 3.5” wide
- Requires separate purchase of Phone Carrier Mount P/N 76000537
Harley-Davidson Helmet Lock
Part Number 52200003
This carabineer-style universal helmet lock protects your helmet, jacket or bag from casual grab-and go theft.
- Small enough to fit into your pocket, but big enough to fit around most any handlebar or engine guard (1.5"/38mm max)
- No keys are required
- Simply set your own 4-digit code, slip the carabineer through your helmet D-ring, and close the outward-opening lock
- Aluminum and zinc alloy carabineer is covered with a tough rubber coating to protect the surrounding finishes
Picking a Motorcycle that's right for you can be challenging and is extremely important. Fitting it to you is equally important. As important as signing up for one of the motorcycle training courses. These accessories take you one step further towards experienced motorcyclist. Using some of these will help you take care of your new purchase and make it work for you. Schedule an appointment with our Customization Specialist to help you dial in your new motorcycle.