Technology moves fast these days. Take a break and really get to know your motorcycle. Get familiar with some of the features you might not know existed from free PDF versions of your owner's manual to software updates to phone connections and apps. On your next trip you won't be fumbling with the buttons, puting in an unrecognized address, or sitting on the side of the road with a dead battery - making your ride that much more enjoyable!
1. Did you know that the Owner's Manual and Service Manual for your motorcycle can be found for free online?
All you need is the VIN. You can locate your VIN, stamped on the steering head, and also on a label located on the right front down tube. This will get you access to download parts catalogs, service schedules and wiring diagrams as well. Of course for the more tactilely-inclined, offline printed versions are still available as well.
2. This is also a great time to check for Safety Recalls and Product Programs.
What's a Safety Recall?
When Harley-Davidson determines that your Harley-Davidson motorcycle or accessory contains a safety-related defect or does not comply with an applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, we will initiate a safety recall and address the condition free of charge.
What's a Product Program?
Product Programs are initiated in the interest of providing non-safety product improvements to motorcycles or accessories in the field, for continued owner satisfaction with our products. The program repair service or solution can be performed by any authorized Harley-Davidson® dealer.
Again, all you need is your VIN.
3. This is also a good time to find the latest software and map updates for your Harley-Davidson Motorcycles systems and accessories.
Download the latest updates to keep your system operating at peak performance.
- Download an update for your software
- Update your navigation system
- Learn all about your Infotainment system
4. If you have a 2020 Harley-Davidson touring model, you might have H-D Connect.
The new H-D™ Connect service offers peace of mind no matter where riders are in relation to their motorcycle. H-D™ Connect introduces subscription-based cellular connectivity that links Harley-Davidson riders with their motorcycle through their smart phone using the latest version of the Harley-Davidson® App.
5. Does your bike have transport mode?
Learn how to put your Harley-Davidson into transport mode when transporting your motorcycle to events or shows. This feature puts the the motion detector on hold to ensure the motorcycle battery does not drain during transport.
Here are some other online resources to keep you going: