Your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle comes with a factory warranty that covers mechanical components, but what about a flat tire, damaged tire, or bent wheel rim? With H-D Tire and Wheel Protection, you can protect yourself from out-of-pocket repair costs due to damage to your tires and wheels caused by unexpected road hazards, such as potholes, or debris on the road surface, like nails, rocks, tree limbs, glass or plastic.
H-D Tire and Wheel Protection covers costs associated with the repair or replacement of tires and wheels, plus labor and taxes, if a road hazard causes a covered failure. Coverage begins immediately upon purchase, and continues for the duration of your term, covering your tires and wheels, plus any replacements, with no maximum occurrences and no deductible. Additionally, you will enjoy an expense reimbursement package that covers towing, rental vehicle, and even lodging and meal expenses if a covered failure occurs more than 100 miles away from home. To summarize here are the top 10 reasons to get H-D Tire and Wheel Protection on your motorcycle:
- Covers repair or replacement of original and replacement tires and wheels that fail due to contact with a road hazard.
- Includes costs for mounting and balancing, inner tubes, valve stems, labor and taxes.
- No deductible.
- No maximum occurrences.
- Rental vehicle reimbursement up to $75/day ($750 maximum) per occurrence.
- Towing reimbursement up to $200 per occurrence.
- Lodging and meal reimbursement up to $150/day ($450 maximum) per occurrence, if more than 100 miles from home.
- Transfer any remaining coverage to the next owner for a $25 transfer fee, which may increase resale value.
- Nationwide H-D Repair Location assistance.
- Coverage begins immediately upon purchase.
This coverage must be purchased at the same time you purchase your motorcycle, or new tire(s) and/or wheel(s) from Oakland Harley-Davidson, and can be financed on your motorcycle loan. You even have a choice of 1-7 year coverage terms to fit your needs.
One of the things that we value at Oakland Harley-Davidson is making sure that you have not only the right bike but also the right protection of that investment. We believe in the products that we sell to the point where many of us have these products on our own bikes. We also understand that you and your motorcycle are unique to you. So the best way to make sure you have everything you need and nothing you don't is to come in and have a conversation with one of our Finance Experts. Set up a one-on-one appointment with us today.
*Tires and wheels must meet manufacturer's specifications to qualify for coverage. If a road hazard causes a covered failure, see the H-D Tire and Wheel Protection contract for full details. Information taken from HDFS Tire and Wheel Protection brochure.
Ready for more information on buying a motorcycle? We've compiled some of our most popular articles into The Definitive Guide to Buying a Motorcycle.